We will be at the West Michigan Regional Invitational this Saturday the 24th of October. It lets the new team members experience what a competition is like. It is at Zeeland West High School 3390 100th Ave. Zeeland, MI 49464. If you need Directions, Click Here. Hope to see you there!
We will be at the East Kentwood Homecoming Festival on September 25th from 4:30 to 6:30. We will be demoing the Recycle Rush Robot from last year, as well as the Frisbee Shooter. The address to the high school is 6230 Kalamazoo Ave, Kentwood, MI 49508. When entering from the Kalamazoo entrance you will come to a 3 way stop, turn right at that stop sign and go straight back. You will see the entrance to the baseball/softball complex on your right. If by chance mother nature decides to change her mind about the weather, the event will take place inside our field house and small gym. Come out and support your local School, and help us raise funds for some of the East Kentwood High School sports teams.
Recently, our Team has been getting out in the community.
Dan Boy – Head Coach
Wendy Ljungren – Lead Mentor, GE Aviation Systems, Chief Consulting Engineer
Adam Veendaal – Mentor, GE Aviation Systems, Engineer / Technologist
Rob Meyer – Mentor, Randstad
Dennis Behrens – Mentor, GE Aviation Systems, UNIX System Administrator
Key Principles for the Robot
- low robot
- bottom stacker, be able to stack at least 3 totes
- task priorities: 1st- totes, 2nd- litter & bins, 3rd- placing litter in bins
- rack & pinion
- clamp using pneumatics
- 4WD: front & rear
- open front
- long & narrow
- center master < 6″
Blog is now by Sub-Teams
1) Pulley System for Main Lift
2) Rack and Pinion for Main Lift
3) Rack and Pinion for Grip
4) Pneumatics for Grip
5) Claw/clamp for Grip
6) Plastic tines for lip like the video
7) Kit of parts frame
8) Base extensions
Parents field build.
Sub-team task list:
• How many CIM motors to lift 100 lb.
• 2 vs. 4 wheel drive or can we use 2 non-CIM for the drive train
• What is needed to make modular bases to plug in different
• Can the electrical system support 6 CIMS + X motors running simultaneous?
Pictures of the day:
Videos of the day:
Human player pool noodle scoring:
Loading and lifting: (81 seconds in)
THIS YEARS GAME!